A message from Pastor Brian:
On Monday, July 6, 2020, the Elders met and have revised our Action Plan:
1. We will continue to live stream the full service via our Facebook page and YouTube channel.
2.Worship in the church building will continue under the following guidelines:
a. Enter and exit the building through the main North or South doors which will be propped open. An Elder will be available to assist you, if needed.
b. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is located at the entrance to the sanctuary.
c. Upon entering the building, proceed directly to your seat using any of the four doors into the sanctuary. Seating remains available in every-other-pew. The balcony remains closed for seating.
d. Social distancing-at least six feet-between households (people who live in the same house together) remains in place and is to be maintained at all times on the premises.
e. After the service, attendees will be ushered out, beginning with the back pews. Once dismissed, exit the building immediately while continuing to maintain social distancing at all times.
3. We will begin celebrating the Lord’s Supper again on Sunday, July 26th, 2020. Distribution will take place in the Narthex at the end of the service. An explanation of distribution will take place after the service on July 19th and also on July 26th.
4. Pastor Brian will not greet people before or after the worship service.
5. Offering will continue to be collected in the plates available before or after the service. Weekly offering may continue to be mailed to, or dropped off at the church during the week. We encourage you to make use of the electronic means of giving that have been set up. Contact Pastor Brian if you have any questions about offerings.
6. If you are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19, for the safety of yourself and others, please remain at home. Please take your safety seriously and act in accordance with your own best interests.
7. While masks are not required, if you would prefer to wear them, we encourage you to do so.
8. All hymnals, communion cards, and pencils remain removed from the pews. The entire service is printed in the bulletin and on the screen.
9. Worship music will play in the sanctuary (not on live stream) until 9:35 a.m. when the pre-service organ music will begin. This provides an opportunity to worship and meditate in your seat before church starts.
10. Pastor Brian will continue to do a live stream prayer time on Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. throughout the summer.
11.Please make sure Pastor Brian has your current email address so that he can send you the weekly devotional message. If there are people you know who would like to receive the weekly message, forward it on to them or let Pastor Brian know their email address.
12. If you need pastoral care during this time, please contact Pastor Brian.
If you have questions, please call Pastor Brian or an Elder. We will continue to reevaluate throughout the summer as guidelines change and update you along the way.
We continue to strive to follow God’s Word to gather physically as the body of Christ in worship and also follow the guidelines that our government leaders have put in place for gathering physically for worship. While this continues to be a frustrating time, please follow the action plan that we have in place. The Lord continues to work His good in the midst of this. I pray that we would continue to proclaim Christ and the Gospel and grow in Christ daily.
Sunday Service Times
Sunday School . . . . . . 10:45 AM
Adult Bible Class . . . . . 11:00 AM
400 East Hebron Avenue
Deshler NE 68340
402-365-4341 Church Office
402-710-6679 Pastor's Cell
Worship - Community - Mission
Deshler Lutheran School