Tuesday, May 19, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.:
A message from Pastor Brian: On Monday, May 18, 2020 Public Health Solutions (our local health department area) revised its restrictions related to COVID-19. The Elders met last night to revise our Action Plan to align it with the Governor’s May 4, 2020 guidelines set out for churches:
We will continue to live stream the full service via our Facebook page and YouTube channel.
- Worship in the church building will resume Sunday, May 24, 2020 under the following guidelines:
- Enter and exit the building through the main North or South doors which will be propped open. An Elder will be located at each entrance to assist you, if needed.
- Gel-based alcohol hand sanitizer is located at the entrance to the sanctuary.
- Upon entering the building, proceed directly to your seat using the middle doors into the sanctuary. Seating will be available in every-other-pew. The balcony is not available for seating.
Social distancing-at least six feet-between households (people who live in the same house together) must be maintained at all times on the premises.
- After the service, attendees will be ushered out, beginning with the back pews. Once dismissed, exit the building immediately while continuing to maintain social distancing at all times.
- Pastor Brian will not greet people before or after the worship service.
We will not be passing the offering plates during the service. Offering plates will located on the registration tables in the Narthex. You may drop your offering in the plate before or after the service. Weekly offering may continue to be mailed to, or dropped off at the church during the week. You also have the opportunity to give online using a debit or credit card on our website. Contact Pastor Brian if you have questions about offerings. You are encouraged to consider utilizing the auto-deposit option for giving. Sign up forms are available and can be mailed or emailed to you, if requested.
- If you are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19, for the safety of yourself and others, please remain at home. Please take your safety seriously and act in accordance with your own best interests.
- The use of masks is encouraged.
- All hymnals, communion cards, and pencils have been removed from the pews. The entire service is printed in the bulletin and on the screen.
- We will refrain from celebrating the Lord’s Supper until further notice. While there is a deep desire to receive it, we need to consider the logistics and guidelines of celebrating the Lord’s Supper in a safe way.
- Worship music will play in the sanctuary (not on live stream) until 9:35 a.m. when the pre-service organ music will begin. This provides an opportunity to worship and meditate in your seat before church starts.
- All activities remain cancelled through the month of May. Pastor Brian will contact groups that are scheduled to have events in June to discuss those events.
- Pastor Brian will continue to do a live stream Bible Study on Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. through June 2, 2020 and a live stream prayer time on Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. throughout the summer.
- Please make sure Pastor Brian has your current email address so that he can send you the weekly devotional message. If there are people you know who would like to receive the weekly message, forward it on to them or let Pastor Brian know their email address.
- If you need pastoral care during this time, please contact Pastor Brian.
If you have questions, please call Pastor Brian or an Elder. We will continue to reevaluate throughout the summer as guidelines change and update you along the way.
We are thankful that we can gather together once again. We know that not everyone is going to be comfortable coming back to worship right away. We want you to do what is best for your family. Please do not feel pressure to attend if you were scheduled to serve as part of the worship service. The Lord continues to bring good out of this situation. We pray that the Lord would continue to draw people to Himself and more and more people would come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ.
Welcome to St. Peter Lutheran Church